if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here

if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here
loves all things pink

ME

My photo
I live life enjoying as much as possible by enjoying the outdoors, savouring dinner with the family, having fun with friends, or seeing my little sister smile. I understand the value of a penny and that hard work pays off. I am very ambitious and driven and have set goals for myself to achieve. I can be very serious but yet I have a fun personality to have a good time. I feel that life is a huge journey and the key to a successful life is to live in the moment and not dwell on the past! i am an optimist. I'm a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. I love to just go outside and contemplate life while I feel the breeze in my hair and the sun kiss my cheeks! I hope to travel the world one day because there is so much beauty to see in the world. i get bored easily(something i'm not proud of). I am a huge roller coaster and adrenalin junkie and I just love life! i'm a great public speaker. i'm a person who tries to be the best i can be. :D i am also a feminist. a HUGE fan of oprah winfrey. lastly, i'm going to be a history maker.

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

SPM RESULTS 2011

NOTHING can beat the moment when my parents shed tears of joy over my SPM results.

Two days before the results were out, I locked myself in the room and deactivated my Facebook account. I was too stressed out myself to look at other people stressing out. I remember crying myself to sleep, MANY TIMES. Then one day before the results came out, my mom took me out. I had been crying so much that I'd forgotten how to smile. After that my mom took me to my favourite teacher's house and I felt A LOT BETTER after that.

I was so scared, so nervous. I REALLY didn't know what to expect. I remember thinking to myself that I'd done my best, I worked hard, there was nothing else I could do but pray.

So pray was what I did. I prayed myself to sleep, I prayed during dinner, I prayed on the way to school, I prayed at EVERY opportunity.

God is good. Seriously. God amazes me.

On that day, I felt too weak to even get out of bed. I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw a total mess. My hair was messy, my eyes were puffy, I suddenly had gigantic pimples overnight, I looked terrible. but I couldn't care less.

My dad followed me to school. My mom was already there. And she knew my results already, I could tell. 5 minutes before I received my results I went to see my parents. I saw tears in my dad's eyes. My mom was grinning at me. I'm so stupid, I thought it was because I didn't do well. I started crying and yelling and I said "I know you know my results, TELL ME now, I cannot do this anymore, PLEASE JUST TELL ME!"

to which my mom said, "no, you collect your results by yourself. Face life, Manpreet, face it."

So when I collected my results, I remember there was this very weird feeling, I felt like I could faint at any moment. There was this HUGE ball stuck in my throat, my heart was about to burst out of my rib cage, my eyes were watery.

I couldn't look at it, my results. When I did, I saw SO many A+es and I started hyperventilating. My father started crying out of joy and my mother hugged me. I was crying, laughing, hyperventilating. My mind was confused, I was confused. I didn't even look at the subjects I scored A+es for.

SO YES, I did it, 8A+, 1As, 1A-. I got an A- for physics and A for Economics.  Physics has always been my weakest subject, so I don't mind. 
I am only thankful, grateful to SO MANY PEOPLE. but I'm most thankful for God's blessings. :)

PEACE OUT, Y'ALL.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is pretty awesome. The SPM are the last exam you take before college right? I remember taking the ACT and SAT (kind of like the SPM but in the USA) and being out of my mind scared to get the results because I knew it would help me get in to college and get scholarships.

    Seems so long ago now... but it is a huge milestone in a persons life. Congrats on the achievement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Yes, SPM is equivalent to O levels.
    I'm currently applying for scholarships too, infact, today I'll be flying for my first scholarship. nervous! wish me luck!
    thanks again. :D

    ReplyDelete

I know you know that I know that you want me to know what you think.