if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here

if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here
loves all things pink

ME

My photo
I live life enjoying as much as possible by enjoying the outdoors, savouring dinner with the family, having fun with friends, or seeing my little sister smile. I understand the value of a penny and that hard work pays off. I am very ambitious and driven and have set goals for myself to achieve. I can be very serious but yet I have a fun personality to have a good time. I feel that life is a huge journey and the key to a successful life is to live in the moment and not dwell on the past! i am an optimist. I'm a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. I love to just go outside and contemplate life while I feel the breeze in my hair and the sun kiss my cheeks! I hope to travel the world one day because there is so much beauty to see in the world. i get bored easily(something i'm not proud of). I am a huge roller coaster and adrenalin junkie and I just love life! i'm a great public speaker. i'm a person who tries to be the best i can be. :D i am also a feminist. a HUGE fan of oprah winfrey. lastly, i'm going to be a history maker.

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Braces day 2


It took me a very long time to get out of bed today. I hated the fact that I had to use two types of toothbrushes. A soft one and the interdental one. The first time I tried brushing my teeth was last night. I was quite excited, because you know, you get excited when you use something new right? But gosh, I whimpered in bed today at the thought of brushing my teeth. So I decided to go back to sleep. I did that like many times until I couldn't stand trying to go back to sleep anymore. Also, I needed to pee. I cannot wash my face the way I used to before braces. I would purse my lips whenever I wash my face, hmm, a habit maybe. The time and energy spent on brushing my teeth, I'll probably get used to it. Flossing, that reminds me, I need to get a Super Floss(yeah, that's what they call it).

My mouth tastes of METAL. I keep thinking that nobody would KISS me for the next two years.

Eating was pure torture. It was like an episode of Me vs. Food! Last night my dad told me he'd buy some soft food back for me. I expected mashed potatoes, mushroom soup, etc etc. Imagine how disappointed I'd felt when he brought back McDonald's porridge and fries back for me! I hate porridge! I'm Indian! Porridge is tasteless to people like me! So I emptied three packets of black pepper into the porridge. It didn't turn it into a 5 star meal but it did make it taste a lot better.

Even DRIVING was pure torture with braces on! Yesterday I drove all the way to the mall to buy a lamp(for my new room!) after getting my braces done and instead of concentrating on driving, I kept checking the mirror to see if I looked alright with braces on. And the odd thing with braces is that you tend to make a lot of funny faces. So at the parking lot, this lady thought I was smiling at her and she walked as quickly as possible towards her car.

Oh gosh. I guess it takes some getting used to. Enough of my rantings for today. Hopefully the end result is good. I can't wait to see what I look like after braces! But that seems like ages away! :P

Here's a couple of pictures of me with braces on.


PEACE OUT, Y'ALL! :D

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it! I have had my braces on 2 and half years. You get used to them and they start looking less weird once your teeth start shifting. And don't worry about kissing! It isn't that big of deal either. You look great!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did realise that the braces didn't look so weird on day 3. I think I can get the hang of this. :D Someone even said that I looked rather "trendy". I can do this. I mean, it won't take like 5 years right? I will survive this! :D

      Delete
  2. Hey.. Was looking for faces with braces on google and fund your blog.. Wanna know more abt its effect and stuff... my blog is www.rakeshnp.com

    Hope to communicate more.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there! could you send me the link to it please? thanks! yeah, sure, I do hope so. :)

      Delete
  3. C'mon! Think positive, Jessy. You'll have those braces off soon, just follow what your dentist says. :) I'm sorry about the McDonald's part, but that's okay. The outcome of your hesitance for solid food will pay off. Just continue on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the braces still causing pain? I remember when I first had my braces. They really hurt, but I got used to it a few days later. Just remember that it is all for the best. :D


    Rae Screen

    ReplyDelete
  5. “All for the best” - that’s what I’m saying to myself now. They just tightened my braces again, and it really hurts. I’ve been munching on mashed potatoes and soup all week. How’s yours, Manpreet Jessy, by the way?

    - Randal Cole -

    ReplyDelete

I know you know that I know that you want me to know what you think.