if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here

if you can't handle my PINKNESS, then you shouldn't be here
loves all things pink

ME

My photo
I live life enjoying as much as possible by enjoying the outdoors, savouring dinner with the family, having fun with friends, or seeing my little sister smile. I understand the value of a penny and that hard work pays off. I am very ambitious and driven and have set goals for myself to achieve. I can be very serious but yet I have a fun personality to have a good time. I feel that life is a huge journey and the key to a successful life is to live in the moment and not dwell on the past! i am an optimist. I'm a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. I love to just go outside and contemplate life while I feel the breeze in my hair and the sun kiss my cheeks! I hope to travel the world one day because there is so much beauty to see in the world. i get bored easily(something i'm not proud of). I am a huge roller coaster and adrenalin junkie and I just love life! i'm a great public speaker. i'm a person who tries to be the best i can be. :D i am also a feminist. a HUGE fan of oprah winfrey. lastly, i'm going to be a history maker.

Sunday, 30 September 2012

KYUEM

WARNING. EXCESSIVE USE OF SARCASM. NOT FOR THE FAINT OR INNOCENT HEARTED

"Which college do you go to, girl"
"OH, it is quite famous, quite prestigious, the best college around~KYUEM!"
*silence*
"Never heard"

=.=
Yes, I've encountered that situation countless times ever since I've started A-level in KYUEM. It is really a prestigious college, no I won't deny that. When my dad said "Only the best of the best come here" he wasn't kidding. I'm surrounded by Malaysia's best students and pigs aren't flying yet.
I'm with three other girls from Convent, Alia, Dhivya and Diyana.
Want to know what being a student of KY is like?
7.25am- Alarm rings. You hit the snooze button.
7.35am-Alarm rings again, this time you dismiss it.
7.42-Chalet mate bangs on your door to wake you up. You panic, run into the OH-SO EXTRAVAGANTLY HUGE(notice the sarcasm here) bathroom. You pee like you're driving a Ferrari and brush your teeth. NO YOU DO NOT BATHE IN THE FREEZING COLD WATER IN THE MORNING UNLESS YOU'RE ATTEMPTING SUICIDE. Then you take a minute to stare into your wardrobe to pick out the outfit of the day. You grab the same outfit you wore a week ago, put on your bra, big-girl panties, outfit and grab your bag and books and rush out of the chalet bidding a short adieu to your chalet-mates.
If you're early or if the lecturer for your first class in the morning is a Malaysian(he/she is on Malaysian timing), you get to stop by at the dining hall for breakfast. Oh just the usual affair, sometimes we have spicy fried rice, roti canai, some sort of fried noodles(I haven't figured that one out yet).
8.00 am- Classes start, if you're a minute late, the expat lecturers are not happy, never EVER try that on them. Seriously, they hate it, they still can't understand why we Malaysians are always late.
12.40pm-LUNCH BREAK!! RICE, CHICKEN, SOME SORT OF VEGETABLE(i can tell you that there will always be cabbage in it-Dhivya's words), FRUITS(the standard banana, watermelon or honey dew). ah yes! Well you so have your carbs, proteins, fibre, minerals and vitamins all in it! GOOD ON YOU CANTEEN LADY, YAY!
2.00pm-Classes continue. Usually during lunch break, we have the liberty to take a nap for at least 1 hour.
4.10-DONE WITH CLASSES! however, after this, if it is a Monday then we have an assembly, Wednesday is the tutor-tutee programme. 
5.00 pm- Usually around this time, the majority of KY students rush back to their chalets to either sleep, wash their laundry or finish up their homework(tonnes and tonnes of homework!)
6.00pm- Most students spend their time in the gym, playing football or basketball. I'm usually at the gym because they have this huge-ass mirror and it reminds me of my ballet class(NOSTALGIA).
7.00pm- Students bathe after activities and rush to the dining hall for dinner. AAAH, this time we have the occasional Malay kuih if we're lucky besides the combo of rice,chicken,vege and fruits. 
8.00 pm-students are usually studying, but there will always be a group of girls(or maybe more) in a chalet gossiping about the day's events.
I usually sleep at about 12am at night because of the amount of homework I have to finish on last-minute notice. I spend my nights hanging out with my friends at the cafeteria chit-chatting about the day's events and basically just fooling around and end up regretting it later. Feeling guilty for not studying and enjoying myself. 

Want to know my first experience with the KY shower?? 
HAHA, oh well, I'll tell you anyway. I postponed my first bath in KY to the second day at night. I knew there was no escaping bathing in cold water anymore. The shower is high up, it is basically showering the wall above me than me! My chalet-mate had to stand on her pail to reach the shower! As I'm rather tall, I only had to tip-toe to reach the shower. When the water first hit my skin my first thought was...well there wasn't a first thought, I only wanted to get through that shower as quick as possible. No you do not get used to the cold showers, you merely complain about how unfair it was to you to bathe in cold water a lot less from your first shower. You only want to end every showering experience. My baths used to be candle-lit, warm, scented. Now it is COLD, space-less, and difficult.
But they've just recently changed the shower in my bathroom. Showering experience is not lovely and jolly, but it will do for now.
I swear the showers are a devious little trick to keep us awake so we can study 24/7. -.-

Enough with the ranting and on the good stuff. All in all, I actually LOVE this place. It is like school only, it is a boarding school. We're a closely knitted family(well, basically because we live in a jungle and all we have is each other). :)
The longer time I spend here, the more I regard it as home. The longer time I spend here, the easier it gets to get through unbearable moments(such as cold showers and lots of homework and tests). The longer time I spend here, the closer I get to the friends I've made.

I love my friends here. I honestly do. I've never met boys who would open doors all the time. The kids here are lovely! 
No, our typical conversations do not evolve around Malaysian politics, we have better things to give importance to than that(LOL, burn!). As a matter of fact, we talk about well, basically nothing of the very substantial sort(it depends on how you define substantial, mine is the general assumption of it). We've learnt to arrange our lives around our schedule. Staying focused is not a very difficult thing in my college. Because everyone knows what he/she wants. And we work hard for what we want. Not only that, we all have commitments, some to our scholars, some to our parents, some to ourselves. :)
Yes, it does get exhausting at times. Sometimes you just want to shut that laptop down and curl up in your (KY) bed not because you can, but because you want to so badly. Yes, I do sometimes sleep at 11pm and wake up at 4am just to study for a test(I study best at night, I'm nocturnal like a bat!). 
Nevertheless, I love this place and the people in it like it is my family. Well, it is my family now. :)

now for some pictures:


My room before I arranged my things. Yes, we have our own rooms. :) We live in chalets. because apartments are too mainstream. :P


This list of the top ten universities in the world was presented to us during induction week. I took a picture of it because I'd like to go into one of these universities, God willing!


A group shot with some of my insane friends. <3


We live in a jungle. We are constantly surrounded by greenery and monkeys and CATS?? Yeah, cats. Don't ask, I still don't know how the cats ended up in KY. -.-


This picture was taken in our cafe. It is a pretty cool place. :)

It is basically the same picture of my room after being edited. :P

OH YES, we cycle a lot. We get to cycle outside of KY. :) In the midst of the jungle. Badasses here! WHOOP!

I guess that's all from me, for now. Over and out.

Peace out, y'all! :)

26 comments:

  1. LOL. All I can say is TRUE DAT to everything. Especially the shower part, but I do take a shower every MORNING, I just have to, thank God I'm not dead of hypothermia yet, haha. Nice post, but you didn't mention the History class and teacher part, ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naqib! Do you want me to die! OH GOD NO. lols. :P

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your new school! How long will you be there for? What are you interested in studying?

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hye.Im doing my SPM this year and am planning to do my A-levels next year at KYUEM.But,I was wondering if are there any requirements to enter this college besides a goos SPM result?I tried opening their website but i would'nt open.So please help!thanx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I don't know if you know about this other requirement, but the college has a quota for non-malays~40%. I'm assuming you're not a Malay? Competition to get into KY is getting tougher now that more people know about it. So I would suggest you doing incredibly well on your trial exam to guarantee you a place. Are you planning to enrol with the January 2014 intake or the July 2014 intake?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for you're reply :)
      I'm planning to enrol for the January intake.Should I enrol right after I get my trial results?And how are the lectures?Thanks Again :D

      Delete
    3. What lectures? hahaha, we do not have lectures, but classes with a teacher:student ratio of 1:15. So you get a lot of attention on yourself.
      January intake? You do know that it is the 18-month program right? the July intake is the 24-month program. You could also enroll right after SPM, it is not a problem actually. :)

      Delete
    4. Hi.sorry for the late reply.Busy with exams :D
      Thank You very much for your informations.It is really helpful.:)

      Delete
  4. What is the minimum entry requirement to guarantee a place in kyuem? Is straight As in trial enough? Are there any scholarships available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's no minimum requirement entry, you just have to be the best to enter.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I'm taking my SPM this year and I'm planning to apply for KYUEM next year for my A-Levels. Do I need to make any payment (registration fee) upon registering? Does the school itself offer scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the school does not offer scholarships, but you can try UEM or Khazanah Scholarships, they send their scholars here. but the college itself doesn't offer fee waivers etc

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm actually taking igcse and just wondering, is it more competitive with the july intake or the january intake? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is easier to enter the january intake. however, the duration for the january intake is 1.5 years whereas july intake is 2 years.

      Delete
  7. Heyy.. Im SPM 2014's candidates.. Im kinda interest in this.. Can you email me how to apply For KYUEM ? Hope you will : fairytale_g@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! you could download the application form on the school webpage. or you could come here to check the place out yourself and register on the spot! :D all the best with your spm! do well for your trials, it is super competitive to enter KYUEM

      Delete
  8. Haha... Nice, I really want to study here..this year maybe...see u soon..if God willing ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'll be seeing me Syafiq, haha, I graduated a couple of months back. But I hope you get into ky though! All the best!

      Delete
  9. hi, can you tell more about the induction week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Induction week is horribly painful and yet there are things you can learn by taking part in it. I have no idea why seniors like to make induction week a living hell for juniors but on the bright side, you tend to stick to your herd as a survival necessity! :D

      Delete
  10. Hey there ,
    did you get into the Jan or July intake ? And were you sponsored or did your parents fund you ?
    pretty curious as i really wanna know how the enrollment there works..thanks again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiii🌞I will be enroll in KY this July.Do u still keep ur notes or books?If u dint use them ady,can i buy them from u? Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiii🌞I will be enroll in KY this July.Do u still keep ur notes or books?If u dint use them ady,can i buy them from u? Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there. so i guess you'll be one of the juniors next month then yay! i'm currently a student there and here's a tip

      you can get a levels book and reference book at the muscom booksale. it'll be held sometime the week after your registration ends. basically the prices are 70%-80% cheaper than the original prices as they are hands down. but they are at their best conditions!

      looking forward to meeting you :))

      Delete

I know you know that I know that you want me to know what you think.